Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pregnant Running & What I Ate Thursday


This baby has been so cooperative for the majority of my runs. I really believe that he's going to come out wearing Brooks. So long as I have a decent amount of calories in my system about 30 minutes prior to the run, I am G2G. If not, I'll likely be calling the hubby for backup.

This was one of my faster pregnancy runs. I was so close to breaking 11mins/mile. My damn RunStar app kept closing me out. I actually ran 2.5mi.  My goal speed is 10:15. That's not that fast, but it is fast for me. I think it's important to aim for personal bests and not compare myself to other runners. I'm still relatively new to this distance thing AND I have a bum knee that will give out if I push too hard.

One of my favorite go to breakfasts consists of boiled eggs, fruit (usually grapes or a banana), toast (plain or with peanut butter) and some OJ or apple juice. I almost always have chocolate milk for an immediate post-run snack, today I had Ensure.

Ensure caters to my inner old lady.

I love the Dark Chocolate, but I can NEVER find it. Drives me insane. But the milk chocolate is still pretty awesome.

I'm already fantasizing about replacing this with my avocado toast. Mmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS