Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Running While Pregnant at 34 weeks


(This is a late post)

WOD: I actually ran 3.5mi but my app crashed on me while I was running :( 50 lunges, 4x25 sumo squats & 40 push ups all while outside.

I'm pretty obsessed with incorporating some form of toning, strength training exercise into my running. It helps to break up the monotony of my run. I ran completely bare belly (my favorite) stretch marks and all. It's always funny the looks that people give a pregnant woman while she is running. Almost as if I'm doing something wrong. In fact, I am doing something that will prepare my body to endure this process. Did I mention that I'm trying to go au naturale? Pray for me now.

I have no clue what labor feels like, but I am mentally preparing for it as I have my half marathons in the past. Realizing that it's just as much mental as it is physical, staying active and having a support team that's aware of my goals.  

*Allow me to preface this by first stating that there is NOTHING impressive about my speed as a runner. I am a novice distance runner and my goal is to mentally prepare for the distance. Once I drop this little one, I plan to really push myself to break 10:30/mi. But for now, I just want to finish without stopping. *

I remember being so intimidated by the race, similar to how I feel about the birthing process today. I would read training blogs and try to not allow myself to compare their results to my own, but it was a complete waste. I have never been someone who gets worried or overly concerned with things. Knowledge has always empowered me. It's been my mental tool box when I hit a rut in the road and have no clue how to overcome it. I default to someone's personal story that resonated with me or I recall a step-by-step to finishing the goal. Through pregnancy, I have been trying to research natural birthing experiences. Given, we all have a different threshold for pain, but at least I can see what they pulled from their reserve tank in order to stay focused on their goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS