Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Advise to my HS Self

I submitted an essay for a scholarship today and it was centered around the idea of advise to the younger you. I have written a previous blog post about advise to my future self, which I will happily share here one day. But I've never reflected on what I would tell my younger self.

Here's what I think, in less than 200 words:

If i could speak to my HS self, I would tell her three key words: take your time. You have the rest of your life to rush to fit into a cateogory. Focus on finding out the young person whom you are becoming and falling in love with her. Nothing in the world could ever make you happier than loving the person staring back at you in the mirror.

Be young. Make mistakes. Change paths. Pursue options. Dance, don't just sit and watch everyone else have fun. Just be in the moment. You will never get these moments again and life will happen to you one day. Happen to life today.

You will have the rest of your life to be accountable for the mistakes that you make. So make them wisely now. Regret is something that you so not won't to truly understand the definition of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS