Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Fourth of July Pregnant Run

I was so excited with this run. It was the longest that I've run since I've been confirmed pregnant. I made a NY resolution to run a half marathon every month this year. I remember my first, Jan. 19, was so amazing. I went to lunch with an old military friend the next day and I remember saying 'girl, I'm pregnant."
Never have I ever had an reason in the past to assume that I was, let alone tell someone else. But that run felt so different. A few weeks later I ran my second race. The third was scheduled to follow a weekend after my three-day cruise to the Bahamas. Right before we departed, I decided to take a pregnancy test. Boom. In clear pink lines it read "PREGNANT."
I couldn't believe it, so I rushed to Walgreens (at 10pm, mind you) and bought four more.
There was no denying that my suspicions were true and I had a little bambino in my tummy.
But that was in March and I haven't quite been able to get back to completing five miles until about a week ago.
This run, I felt amazing.
Mr. Grey didn't give me any problems, my knee felt great and it was pretty cool outside. I did get caught in a heavy downpour for about a mile, but even that felt motivating.
My post meal snack was some chocolate milk. I've become obsessed with having a glass after a strong run.

Today, was a special day because we finally put a face to Mr. Grey. Here's my little man:

Mr. Grey smiling for the camera

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS